Sunday, July 26, 2009

set up tear down


Sunday was a beautiful day. We had a really hard rain the night before so it cooled down the morning. The sun shined bright through the window and woke me up around 5:30 am just like it did for me today. Scott and I walked to Thomas' house where Eric is staying and woke him up. He took us to the market where we picked out some beautiful fruit. As we were searching out a coffee shop we ran into a man that came to the Yilan Alive the night before. He showed us around town and took us to breakfast at "Beautiful and Breakfast." Our new friend, Roger, picked out some tasty breakfast items for us to all try. While waiting for our food we had an encounter with a HUGE spider. I couldn't even look at it directly in the eyes, I was terrified! The restaraunt owner came over and killed it for me. UGG!

Eric led devotions for all of us after we got back home. It was a refreshing time with the Lord in his word and in prayer. After that we headed back to the cultural center to set things up outside. I have never felt so busy in my life but I really feel the Holy Spirit on me because my energy level is sky high. Praise God! We set up the face painting, balloon animals, registration for highschool camp next week, skits, and music for outside. It was a success! We had so many come join us for all of our activities and we talked to them about their lives and gave them things to take home about "the base" (the church) and about how being a good person is not going to truelly bring you eternal joy and life. The people were very responsive and even got involved in some of our worship songs that we had dance moves to and participated in our skits.

The worship time humbled me so much last night when we did church service in the park. If Iowa could have church in the park every sunday I think it would be a beautiful thing. You lift your eyes and see His creation and His onlooking people. I couldn't stop smiling in worship because God has brought us to Taiwan! It's beyond a priviledge to be here. After church we had fellowship with whoever wanted to join us. After that we tore down all our equipment and headed back home about 10pm. Another successful day with the Lord's help!

Today, we finally get to start our teaching. I am too excited for it! These kids that we have met are absolutely the most precious kids I have ever met. I hope that they love the camp as much as we do!

Lord, I pray for patience today as we go to the school to teach kids about the Bible and english at the same time. I pray you make our class time productive and our activities fun. I pray for the hearts of the children to be open and that your Holy Spirit would fall on them and make yourself known to them.

1 comment:

  1. Just love your bloggs, Thank you for sharing with me and everyone. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete