Monday, July 20, 2009

Check!

Clothes-check
Toiletries-check
Tylenol-check
Tums-check
Snacks-check
Charger for electronics-check
Devotions-check
Passport-check

Here we go! The pups have been sent to the grandparents where they met their new cousin, a miniature horse. The house has been cleaned. Tomorrow I finish work for 15 days. My nerves are starting to kick in now. It's real. I know that things will be great but it's the unknown that I am shy about meeting. People always say, "You'll be fine, it will be great." Bless them for their optimism and ease but we are leaping out of a comfort zone that has been too familiar for probably too long. Suddenly I'm sensitive to every sound, touch, and smell. It's surreal.
I am clinging to work, my house, my car and I realize that I am holding onto things that can disappear in a 10 minute tornado. Already I feel the Lord working on my heart. Construction is being done. A demolition first then new construction. Thank God that my foundation is solid though. That is what I know I will always have. He may break me and mold me but it is always him I stand on. I can not be conformed to this world, I won't. When I pray "Lord, break me" or "Lord, make me a stronger witness for you" he commits to that prayer and begins to go to work.
Thank you Lord for the work you have begun in the hearts of the highschoolers that are coming to Taiwan. Their hearts for you are inspiring. Being a teenager is tough, especially in these times of easy access to everything wrong in this world. They are taking a narrow road reaching towards a goal of winning hearts for Your kingdom! Their treasures are being stored and I pray that you bless their lives and change them forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment