Monday, July 13, 2009

10 days left

Here we are 10 days before our trip. Scott has been practicing the worship songs and I have been writing letters to our supporters. A lot of thoughts go through my head as we prepare for the lessons and the flight. I'm nervous for the long flight. Flying always seems to make me a bit queezy but it's nothing I can't get over with some crackers and a smoothie. Scott handles everything like a champ so no worries there. He will be cool and collected. I will have my check list all checked off three days before we leave and he will pack at 2am the night before we leave. It just seems to work that way but the main thing is that it works and both of us remember our passports.



Our dogs will be with their grandparents and "cousins" while we are gone. They love it there because they can run free through the country side and get spoiled with love.



Our lesson planning is important but I also know that the Holy Spirit will be involved in opening the kids' hearts. I am already marveling at the work that God is going to do over there. I remember being told about Jesus when I was little and how real He was to me. I knew that I wanted to follow Him at a young age and I hope that we can have the same impact on the kids that we do Vacation Bible School with.

4 comments:

  1. You two are going to do so much good over there. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you two! It will be amazing. Prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, Krista! I am anxious to see what God teaches while you're over there! Keep up the blogging, it's very encouraging to hear what God is doing in other places besides your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading the blogs, Krista! I'm so thrilled for you.... I'm sure the kids will be so blessed, but I'm also positive you and Scott will be changed forever! Nothing like seeing God's kids all over the world!! Sara Von

    ReplyDelete