Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love You from the inside out

We are an extension of God and how can people be reached unless we let Him use us? I fully understand that I will only be a servant over there and that I am not the one that will change their hearts. Thank God for that! Agape Love is not human nature but it is God's nature. I can not pretend that I am some super spiritual person that is righteous enough to say that I am 100% ready for this. I have had fears and some tears as the day gets closer. This is a far cry from my comfort zone. The truth is though, Scott and I were called, as we are (spoiled, selfish, and sometimes ungrateful for our salvation) to meet God's children of all ages right where they are in a different country that speaks a different language. What do I hope to get out of this the most? The obvious answer is that absolute truth would be revealed to the people that don't know God. I need to go deeper and say, I want these kids to experience the everlasting love of Jesus, His grace, His correction, a true intense relationship with God our Father. I do believe that they will see Jesus. I do believe their lives will be transformed. The catch is that I have a hard time speaking absolute truth in my own town and in my own language. I'm being honest. So, if it seems that at this point in preparation I seem selfish, it's because I am. I can't imagine why God would give us, a couple with no desire to be around children for an extended amount of time, a strong yearning to be surrounded with children in a different country for 15 days.


Starting this blog, I led myself to believe that it would only be informative but now as a I write and cry, listening to Scott play worship, I feel broken. I still feel unprepared and nervous. At the same time I am consumed with God's love and I keep praising Him for the unknown. I keep praising Him for the opportunity to be broken. I believe the more broken I am, the less of me that will be seen and the more of Him will be seen! He is so awesome and He deserves the praise of every nation and tongue!


Thank you God for the church and leaders that are preparing for us to come to Taiwan. Thank You for the American team that is willing to go and be His hands and feet. Thank You for the children you are bring to VBS. Thank you for preparing the hearts to be transformed. Thank You for bringing in the funds to get us there and provide things for the church we are serving at. Thank you for teens that are standing for what they believe in and speaking it out loud. Thank you for the leaders that we have coming with us. Praise Praise Praise!



1 John 3:18 Let us not love with word or tongue but with actions and in Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment