Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby talk and Salon Talk and Love

6 months have past and I am blown away by the progress a human baby can make during that time.  It's so annoying that I can't squeeze her until she pops or eat her cute face.  It's like she is a piece of cake with a glob of frosting on top.  There's no resisting that sweet smile and two little teeth.  Ugg...seriously.

After six months of constantly trying to figure out which phase she is in or how much food she's eating, I am exhausted and energized at the same time.  The salon is getting busier and we have a fantastic group of people that work there BUT it's another source of growth for me.  Every day I feel like I am adapting to other humans ages 6 months to 30+.  When I reflect on our first full year of being at our new salon location I am utterly overwhelmed at the changes that occurred last year.  Pregnancy and having a baby being one of the biggest changes, also the salon was busier, we had some new staff and we added new services.  This year I am feeling a sense of renewed energy. Even though I know things will only keep changing, I feel ready for the challenge.

What makes me so ready for the challenge you ask?  Plain and simple, state of mind.  I have decided to take all these challenges/changes to God in prayer.  I realize that I can not, I repeat, CAN NOT do this on my own anymore.  I know that not everyone may believe in God but I just KNOW that I can not be a wife, mom, business owner, traveling color educator, friend and whatever is left that makes up the hours in my day without His guidance.  He gives me a peace which transcends all understanding.

I asked God to show me new ways to love this year.  What a humbling experience.  Agape love, unconditional love.  Asking this of God opened me up to some intense experiences.  My request has revealed some unsettling things about myself.  Not in a horrible sense that I'm a bad person or don't love but in a sense that I have been missing out.  There are so many ways to show love and that's what I am called to do here on this beautiful earth.  Two months in to the new year and He has already revealed so much to me.

1.  We have an extravagantly, recklessly generous God

  • I don't give nearly enough compared to how much I am blessed
  • I don't thank Him nearly enough compared to how much I a blessed
  • I never understood how He gives in insane ways.  When I am cautious, reserved and unwilling to give, He steps up to the plate and gives when it looks like there is nothing to give
2.  I want to love eternally
  • Supernatural love
  • Love that goes beyond what I understand, beyond this earth, beyond current circumstance
3.  Love=Relationships
  • I need to nourish relationships
  • If I don't nourish relationships then I nourish stuff, aka shoes/clothes.  What will appreciate me when I die?  Shoes or people?
4.  Let people love me, no strings attached
  • I can't assume that because someone gives me something that I owe them or they want something in return
  • Enjoy gifts given and giving gifts
  • Gifts are an example of Christ's gift of salvation.  It's free...take it

Baby Rhylan Stats:
  • No crawling but she finds ways to get around while carrying her toys
  • Chatting up a storm in the form of "Na nananananana"
  • Practicing inflection and tones
  • Eating solids-not a big fan of peas but loving avocado
  • Sleeps through the night
  • Laughs up a storm (mostly at daddy)
  • She's a petite lil lady...weight and height measured in just a few days
  • Loses only one sock several times a day...only one, never both
  • Sits up like a champ with posture that I envy
  • Loves crackle noises 

No comments:

Post a Comment