Saturday, August 1, 2009

Last day

Thursday was our last day at the elementary school. The kids were unusually rowdy and it was 102 degrees out with about 80% humidity. We were dragging but I kept praying for the Holy Spirit to fill me with energy. We taught them how to sing "Jesus loves me" with the actions, "The BIBLE", and "Head and shoulders." It was hiliarious to see them sing the songs faster and faster. We spoke about treasures in heaven and did a skit. Our translator is amazing but it is still hard to communicate with them. That was the only frustrating part about it the teaching experience. The kids made sure they got a lot of pictures with us. I can only pray that God really shined through us those four days because I am sure that I won't see most of them ever again. I didn't want to let go of hugging them. It was an emotional good bye for me.

After the goodbyes we dropped by a near by mall and did some browsing. I don't feel like shopping much here though. At times I do but I remember shortly after why we are here.

Later on we came took a scooter ride up to the mountains. I didn't bring my camera because it was a rather sponteneous trip. We went up to the university and it was gorgeous up there. God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment