Monday, June 20, 2011

33 1/2 weeks

Baby Wrage is doing great! She moves all the time and has moved a little farther south. I can feel my hips stretching out and I have picked up the inevitable waddle. I knew that it was uncomfortable but someone sweetly made notice of how I walk. Dang! I was trying so hard to hide it but I have become a penguin, hips wide and short legs.

Scott and I have attended two birthing classes so far and we enjoy them. Labor and postpartum is something I think about on a daily basis. I research relaxation techniques, cloth diapering, and so much more. That's how I was designed, I like to try to be prepared as much as possible without actually going through it. When I take walks I practice breathing and then I do yoga. This is the first time in my pregnancy that I feel great! Praise God! For real, my mind is clear and I love this shapely body. We got maternity pics last week and for the first time in years I wasn't thinking about how fat I was. This body has given me an appreciation for what I use to have and completely took for granted. I strutted around in my underwear while the photographers wrapped me in sheets of beautiful fabric. I didn't think I would ever want maternity photos but they could have put me in a potato sack and I would have felt gorgeous. Early on in my pregnancy I struggled so much with my body image and now I'm free!

Obviously, the biggest blessing out of this will be our baby girl but it has taught me a lot about myself and the growth is amazing for both Scott and me. My selfishness has shown it's ugly head in explosive ways but that also showed me how accepting and loving my husband can be. My emotions have peaked higher on the scale than most mental patients but that gave me a reason to rejoice when I feel normal. I have had a lot of fear about the whole thing from the beginning but God has shown me who loves and supports me. The blessings are numerous and if I feel this grateful now, I CAN NOT imagine the moment I meet her.

We are less than seven weeks away and I'm just now getting use to this :)

1 comment:

  1. first i want to say is i love how you are sharing your heart and i love how God has changed how you felt about having a baby! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    second i saw you were researching cloth diapers, Jon and i do cloth and love it!!!! We love how we have never bought disposable diapers (and the cloth diapers we did buy are paid off with in a couple months) and how well Titus's skin is with cloth :) I will say i is really nice to do disposable the first month.....until you get your life in order :) then add cloth diapers if you are really wanting to try it!!! if you have any questions about cloth let me know! God Bless your beautiful!

    ReplyDelete